Click on tabs below to find information on specific expense claims
- Photocopy al receipts for items you wish to claim a tax deduction for
- Microsoft Excel is a great tool for preparing your tax information
- Rental income and expenses can be submitted to us on an Excel spread-sheet
- If you are eligible to claim laundry expenses for uniforms or protective clothing, please keep receipts for laundry detergent
- if you are claiming motor vehicle use, keep records of usage
- If you are claiming phone or internet usage, please keep records of usage
Tax Record Keeping Rules
Lodgement Due Dates
- 5 years for Individuals
- 7 years for Trusts
- 10 Years Self Managed Super Funds
- 7 years for Companies
- 10 years for Audit
That means all records including receipts, electronic and paper records.
Tax returns cover the financial year from 1 July to 30 June. If you’re lodging your own tax return it is due by 31 October.